The fraud monitor service may detect unusual or suspicious transactions on your card. A text message is sent to your mobile phone number asking you to confirm if the transaction is valid. You will then be able to reply “Yes” to confirm the transaction is valid or “No” to block the transaction if not authorized by you. If you respond “Yes”, you may continue to use your card as usual. If you respond “No”, the transaction will be blocked and a fraud prevention representative will call you to further review the card activity and transactions.
One identity is stolen every two seconds. It’s time to protect yours.
Identity theft is consistently the number one complaint to the Federal Trade Commission. And, it can happen to anyone. Rampant data breaches affecting millions of records are putting consumers at great risk of identity theft.
Restoring your identity on your own can be stressful and time-consuming. After a while, some people give up, leaving them to contend with the aftermath of identity theft for years to come, including fraudulent bills, collections activity, damaged credit and even criminal records.
We are delighted to make identity theft detection and recovery services available to all members.
All members may purchase an identity theft protection package which includes services that may warn of possible identity theft. The subscription package includes the following features:
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Research, Remediation and Recovery – a professional, certified and licensed Recovery Advocate will work on your behalf to restore your identity to pre-event status, for any type of identity theft you might experience, or even suspect. Selecting a Family Package extends this service to cover you and up to three generations of family!
- Lost Document Replacement – this service provides personalized one-on-one assistance to replace identity credential documents that have been lost, stolen or destroyed in connection with your identity theft event.
- Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance – you may receive reimbursement for out of pocket expenses incurred during the identity recovery process up to a maximum of $1M, including reimbursement for lost wages, attorney’s fees and other expenses.
- 1 Bureau Credit Monitoring – You will receive email alerts of changes to your credit file that could signal identity theft, including credit inquiries, new credit lines, name and address changes, etc. Alerts can even be sent to you in a text message for ease of use and rapid communication.
- Internet Black Market Monitoring – proactively monitors up to 50 registered credentials, continuously scanning thousands of internet sites for any suspicious activity.
Fraud Text Alerts: account protection made easy
In our modern technology-based world, it's important that you protect yourself and your financial information. That is why we offer free and convenient real-time fraud alerts via text message.* These alerts can help prevent fraudulent activity on your debit card transactions. All members with active debit cards will be automatically enrolled in this free program.
Tips to help you protect your personal information:
- Check your statements frequently to make sure you recognize all the transactions and amounts listed. Refute any unauthorized withdrawals or transactions in a timely fashion.
- Select online shopping websites carefully. When searching for a product or service online, do business only with those you recognize. Established e-retailers are your safest bet.
- Use secure sites. Before entering a card number, always look for “https” in the address bar. The “s” in “https” means the site is secure.
Frequently asked questions
We do not charge for this service.
Yes. Our number one priority is your privacy and security. If you receive a message requesting information such as your member number or account number, please do not respond. We never ask for your personal information.
Responses arrive within a minute, but timing may vary. It is important to monitor your online banking regularly and report any suspicious activity immediately.
Messaging frequency depends on account activity. Messages will only be sent between the hours of 8AM – 8PM PST.
A fraud prevention specialist will attempt to call you. If you miss the call you can reach fraud-monitoring services at (866) 385-5422.
Text messaging is required for this service.
Messages can only be sent via USA carriers and will only be received in the USA.. Please notify us if you will be traveling to set up a travel strategy.
No. Commands can be sent as upper-case, lower-case or a mixture of both.
No. Only one mobile phone number may be linked to a single card number.
In order to receive alerts to your new number, you will need to update your new mobile number in Digital Banking.
Since some text messages are limited to 160 characters, multiple messages may be required to alert you.
To cancel fraud text messaging services at any time reply STOP to any alert from your mobile device or text STOP to 32874.
We’re here to take your financial confidence to the next level.
Dive into our Learn Center to explore various financial topics or to learn a little more about our practices.
*Standard text and/or internet charges may apply depending on your carrier and service plan.
By providing your mobile number, you agree that Fraud Alerts text messaging is authorized to notify you of suspected fraud.
Release of Liability: Alerts sent via SMS may not be delivered to you if your phone is not in the range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within coverage, factors beyond the control of any carrier may interfere with message delivery for which the carrier is not responsible. Carriers do not guarantee that alerts will be delivered.