about-us accounts announcements auto-sale banking-basics business-loans business-resources cash-management checking community computer credit-cards debit-cards digital downloads employees facts-figures financial-resources find-us getting-started insurance-products invest loans-auto loans-home member-benefits not-found partnerships rates savings schools search security social-facebook social-instagram social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube ticket

Attention Internet Explorer Users: A refreshed design of our website is coming soon, and it will no longer be compatible with your Internet Explorer browser. We recommend changing your browser to ensure a better website experience and to protect your security. Learn More

Rightside menu

Payment Resources

Overcoming Payment Challenges

We want to make sure you feel confident about your financial decisions, and know that our trained associates have solutions that may be right for you:

  • Loan Modification: apply to modify your payment with changes to term, interest rate, or possible deferral of a portion of your principal balance. If your application meets the criteria of the program, and if it makes more sense for the credit union to grant a modification (based on an "economic value" formula calculation) than to foreclose, we will grant the modification. More details below.
  • Refinance: extension of credit to pay off other existing credit obligations
  • Short Sale: allows you to sell your home to pay off the mortgage if you are unable to maintain payments, even if the home's market value is less than the total amount owed

In order to apply for a Loan Modification, we will need to obtain certain information from you regarding your household income and expenses, including a letter detailing the nature of your financial hardship and a loan application.

You should also collect and be prepared to fax or mail the following items to the credit union:

  • Last statement from all other mortgagees, i.e., 1st Trust Deed, 2nd Trust Deed, etc., excluding California Credit Union
  • Year-to-date income verification: two (2) most recent paycheck stubs or income tax returns (two years if self-employed), including all schedules and K-1s
  • Copies of last two (2) months bank and brokerage statements
  • Current evidence of acceptable insurance coverage
  • Amount of any delinquent state or federal income tax
  • Amount of any delinquent homeowners association fees

Protect Your Home From Foreclosure

Senate Bill 1137

If you are in default on your current real estate loan (primary residence) and are facing foreclosure, our Real Estate Center could offer the support you need to keep your home.

To see if you qualify, contact the Real Estate Center at (800) 334-8788 ext.5415 or (818) 291-5415

Before you call, gather the following documents and information to help you discuss your options to avoid foreclosure:

  • Proof of income (paycheck stubs, tax returns)
  • List of all assets
  • Copy of loan (Note)
  • Copy of home owners insurance policy

Mortgage Payment Information

To obtain a payoff statement on your residential mortgage, please mail your request to:
701 N. Brand Blvd.
3rd Floor
Attn: Payoff Department
Glendale, CA 91203

Please include $30 and your account number

Payments may be made at any branch or payments may also be mailed to:
California Credit Union
P.O. Box 60084
City of Industry, CA 91716-0084

Mailed payments must be check or Money Order. Do not send cash. All payments must be in US Dollars. When mailing the payment please include the payment coupon. All payments made after 3pm may be credited the next business day.

Mortgage Dispute Process

For information on the Mortgage Dispute Process, please call us at (800) 334-8788.
If you are concerned about the accuracy of credit report information pertaining to an account with us, you may file a dispute directly with us.


We can be your starting point of credit counseling. The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is a U.S. government agency that increases home ownership and supports home buyers. HUD offers free or low-cost counseling throughout the country. To find the nearest HUD-certified housing counseling agency in your area, call (800) 569-4287, TTY (800) 877-8339, or visit the HUD website.

Back to top